RHINEBECK, N.Y. -- Fourteen local college-bound students received scholarships from the board of trustees of the Rhinebeck Community Scholarship Fund.
“These scholarship awards, funded by the generosity of individual donors and businesses, send the message that our community believes in our youth – that we want to make an investment in them, and that we care deeply about their success," said Marybeth Cale, a trustee of the Rhinebeck Community Scholarship Fund. "We congratulate the entire class of 2016 for their achievements, and wish all of them well as they embark upon their next adventures."
Each student was selected for a merit-based scholarship for demonstrating outstanding academic achievement, commitment to community and personal character. They were selected by the Board of Trustees in a blind evaluation process of their applications.
The winning students and the schools they will attend in the fall are as follows:
- Sarah Denatale, Dutchess Community College
- Gabriel Hammoud, Georgetown University
- Theodore Gadsby, Bowdoin College
- Christopher Cassens, Northeastern University
- Sarah Hanson, Bowdoin College
- Samuel Pomichter, SUNY Binghamton
- Devon Potts, Dutchess Community College
- Kathryn Muste, SUNY Stony Brook
- Christopher Holsopple, Dutchess Community College
- Rebecca McCaffrey, The College of St Rose
- Anne Pietrow, The College of William and Mary
- Spencer Hutchins, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado - Boulder
- Christopher Marvin, Fordham University
- Devin Pozza, SUNY Delhi