RED HOOK, N.Y. -- It's National Library Week and the Red Hook Public Library is celebrating with a variety of programs for book lovers of all ages.
Because the library is under construction, some of the events are being held at the Enchanted Cafe, 7484 S Broadway. Phone: 845-835-8345
Events includethe following:
- Wednesday, April 13: Spinning Yarns Knitters at the Enchanted Cafe at 4 p.m. Bring some yarn and join the fun.
- Wednesday, April 13, Game Night at the Enchanted Cafe begins at 6 p.m. Bring family and friends for a night of tabletop gaming. The library will supply the games.
- Thursday, April 14: La Dolce Lingua, learn the beautiful language of Italian with native speaker, Patrizia. Intermediate speakers meet from 5-6 p.m. This class includes more grammar and structure. Beginners meet from 6-7 p.m.Registration is required for this free course. Please call the library at 758-3241.
- Friday, April 15 Libratory: This space is devoted to STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Innovative maker projects each session. In the past we have had a veggie derby, built bridges, made candy-pooping reindeer, and built a life-sized igloo. This week's project is inspired by the breezy weather we've been having this spring. We'll make kites using recycled materials. This program for all ages though younger children may need the help of a caregiver. All supplies provided. Just bring your imagination. Program begins at 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16, Anime Club: Three students from Bard College's Anime Club lead this club for tweens and teens at the library. They'll discuss manga and anime, show anime, and do fun things like make onigiri and teach you Japanese words and phrases. No need to sign up, just show up! All are welcome to participate. Events begins at 1 p.m.
For more information, contact the library at 845-758-3241.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.