HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- The Town of Hyde Park Historical Society Museum will open on Saturday, June 4 in the former firehouse building on Albany Post Road in Hyde Park.
There is no admission fee, but donations are appreciated. The museum will be open on Saturdays from 10 - 2 p.m. and Sundays from 1 -4 p.m through the end of October.
Guests can come by and see the museum's collection of local memorabilia, including the voting machine that Franklin Delano Roosevelt used in 1932 when he ran against President Herbert Hoover.
The U.S. Army's 240th Battalion were also in Hyde Park during World War II to protect FDR, and the museum has a display on that as well.
There are also some local history books available for purchase, with the most recent one on Mrs. Frederick W. Vanderbilt.
For additional information, call 845-229-2559 or email: Patsyc97@aol.com.
The museum is at 4389 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park.